Share and tell about your experience related to Bangalore University in our wiki-based forum.
Bangalore University comprised of only one Engineering college at Bangalore up to about 1945, known as Bangalore Engineering College. At that time Bangalore was a city in Mysore State, a princely state, headed by a Maharaja, capital being Mysore city.
There used to be other colleges in Bangalore and Mysore, before 1945 as under.
- At Bangalore city,
- Engineering college-Used to cater for Intermediate students offering BE graduation, in Civil,Mechanical or Electrical graduation (ONLY IN THREE BRANCHES).
- Central College-Used to cater for BSc and MSc students.
- Inter Science College-(admission after SSLC from high school) for entry of :students to Engineering college,Medical college or for entry into central college.
- Maharani's College-Used to cater only ladies for their BSc graduation.
- Medical school- used to cater for students for Medical profession giving a Diploma in Medicine. This was established in 1917 as the Mysore Medical School at Bangalore, and it was upgraded to a college in 1924, and re-located to Mysore in 1930.
- At Mysore city,
- Maharani's college-Used to cater only ladies for their BSc graduation.
- Medical college-used to cater for students for Medical profession giving a Degree in Medicine, MBBS.
- Notable People who made name outside Mysore State are,
- Mr.S N Srikantiah,(Civil), at Bombay Presidency.
- Mr.P S Chari, (Civil), architect Bombay Presidency.
- Mr.M S Chakravarty,(Civil), Retired as Deputy Secretary, PWD, in Bombay Presidency.
- Mr.K S Chakravarty,(Civil), Retired Engineer from Tata Electic Cos.
- Mr.B L Sunderraj, Retd. Tech.Member, Gujarat Electricity Board,Baroda.
- Mr.A V Bheema Rao, Retd. CE (P&P),Gujarat Electricity Board,Baroda.
- Mr M C Doreswamy, (Elect),[] Retired as Chief Engineer, Gujarat Electricity Board,Baroda.
- Was Captain for Volley ball team for Bangalore colleges and for Mysore State.
| Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? |
Create a new page about it: Bangalore University/Miscellaneous
If you want to add personal links, please do that on your user page (you can also write your profile there). If you have a link with great content related to this DIY, you can add it at Bangalore University/Links